TICKET SALES OPEN JULY 1 2017
This is personally my favorite camping trip each season. This is a camping and beach day event with the added bonus of enjoying Invermeres Valley Appreciation Day street festival. Of course as always your free to undertake whatever activity you enjoy (hiking, biking, hanging out, etc)
This is a LIMITED SPACE EVENT. Please have your friends purchase a ticket don’t just bring them along (every participant must purchase a ticket http://apollooutdoorpursuits.ticketleap.com/kootenaycamping2017/ ).
Complete detailed event info including maps will be emailed to all participants along with their confirmation of a camping spot after purchasing a ticket to the event. (see ticket link above)
18+ Event Only (under 18 options available with parents accompanying you – Todd needs to confirm directly with your parents though to ensure they agree with you/them being in proximity of adult themes, language and alcohol)
FREE CAMPING and EQUIPMENT RENTALS AVAILABLE FOR LGBT YOUTH (18-24) under the Apollo Outdoor Pursuits Youth Program. This applies to:
• Miscellaneous Youth
• Queers On Campus
• SAMRU Pride Center
• InsideOut Youth Group
• Apollo Calgary
• Gay Friends In Calgary
• Others (contact Todd for details)
Contact Todd for program details. For background info on our LGBT Youth Program see http://www.apollocalgary.com/apollo/outdoor/
WEEKEND ITINERARY OVERVIEW
• $Fee charged per person
• Bring a tent, sleeping bag, air mattress (thermarest) rentals available at http://www.calgaryoutdoorcentre.ca/rental
• Other items you will need to bring will be listed in your registration package
• Crooks Meadow Group Campsite
• Limited RVCamperTrailer spots – 25 foot length maximum
• Travel to Kootenay National Park approximately 3 hours to campground
• Check in at the group Camp site and pay your fees then set up camp (after 1PM).
• Time to explore or do as you please for the rest of the afternoon.
• 6-10 PM Meet and Greet social starts (optional – bring a snack to share with others)
• 6-10 PM Group games (optional)
• Dinner when you please – outdoor cooking nothing better!
• Campfire and socialables, etc.
• “Early” rise and shine
• Breakfast – prepare your own hearty meal.
• 10AM SHARP The group heads off on a Invermere Town/beach day – Awesome (main acvtivity)
• Bring your floatables or buy some at Invermere Dollar Store
• Enjoy strolling main street (ice cream, bakery, deli, coffee, etc)
• Inveremere has a huge street fesitval on Saturday called Valley Appreciation day! Take time to enjoy this as well.
• 10AM Another group heads off on a hike. (alternate activity depending on level of interest)
• Not interested in the beach day or hike then take the time to do as you like with your Saturday. Mtn bike the paved or unpaved pathways, walk an interpretive trail, walk, hangout!
• Radium Hotsprings visit.
• Return back to camp & relax.
• Group potluck dinner –7PM approximately
o NOTE – plz confirm what you are bringing for the potluck and serving size with Todd
• Campfire and socialables etc.
• Rise and shine.
• Take down camp – out by 11:30 AM
• Optional group activity(s)
• Do your own thing instead and explore Kootenay
• Return to Calgary
WAIVER: A waiver must be reviewed and signed prior to participating. Waivers will be included in your registration confirmation email.