TICKET SALES OPEN AUGUST 1 2017
This is personally my favorite camping trip each season. This is a camping and outdoor activity weekend. Of course as always your free to undertake whatever activity you enjoy (hiking, biking, hanging out, etc). This year we are on the forest side group area 1 (last year we were in the river side group area)
Complete detailed event info including maps will be emailed to all participants along with their confirmation of a camping spot after purchasing a ticket to the event. (see ticket link above)This is a LIMITED SPACE EVENT. Please have your friends purchase a ticket don’t just bring them along (every participant must purchase a ticket http://apollooutdoorpursuits.ticketleap.com/watertoncamping2017/ ).
18+ Event Only (under 18 options available with parents accompanying you – Todd needs to confirm directly with your parents though to ensure they agree with you/them being in proximity of adult themes, language and alcohol)
FREE CAMPING and EQUIPMENT RENTALS AVAILABLE FOR LGBT YOUTH (18-24) under the Apollo Outdoor Pursuits Youth Program. This applies to:
• Miscellaneous Youth
• Queers On Campus
• SAMRU Pride Center
• InsideOut Youth Group
• Apollo Calgary
• Gay Friends In Calgary
• Others (contact Todd for details)
Contact Todd for program details. For background info on our LGBT Youth Program see http://www.apollocalgary.com/apollo/outdoor/
WEEKEND ITINERARY OVERVIEW
• $Fee charged per person per night.
• Bring a tent, sleeping bag, air mattress (thermarest) rentals available at http://www.calgaryoutdoorcentre.ca/rental
• Other items you will need to bring will be listed in your registration package
• Belly River Group Campsite
• Limited RVCamperTrailer spots – 25 foot length maximum
• Travel to Waterton National Park approximately 3.5 hours to campground
• Check in at the group Camp site and provide your waiver then set up camp (after 1PM).
• Time to explore or do as you please for the rest of the afternoon.
• 6-10 PM Meet and Greet social starts (optional – bring a snack to share with others)
• 6-10 PM Group games (optional)
• Dinner when you please – outdoor cooking nothing better!
• Campfire and socialables, etc.
• “Early” rise and shine
• Breakfast – prepare your own hearty meal.
• MAIN GROUP ACTIVITIES DEPENDING ON INTEREST:
• 9:30AM one group heads off on a 1/2 day hike
• 9:30AM one group heads off on a mtn bike
• 9:30AM one group heads off to spend time in Waterton
• Not interested in the optional main group activities then take the time to do as you like with your Saturday. Mtn bike the paved or unpaved pathways, walk an interpretive trail, relax, read, or just hangout!
• Wateron Aquatic center visit apres group activities
• Return back to camp & relax.
• Group potluck dinner –7:30PM approximately
• NOTE – plz confirm what you are bringing for the potluck and serving size with Todd
• Campfire and socialables etc.
• Rise and shine.
• Take down camp – out by 11:30 AM
• Optional group activity(s) to be decided based on group input
• Do your own thing instead and explore Waterton
• Return to Calgary
WAIVER: A waiver must be reviewed and signed prior to participating. Waivers will be included in your registration confirmation email.